Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] 1994 UBC Conventional Framing Section - Opinions Wanted[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] 1994 UBC Conventional Framing Section - Opinions Wanted
- From: HARRISENGR(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 14:24:59 -0400
Dennis, i want to support your effort. How can i help? Feel free to call me at 805-499-4484. I had a different experience from Mr. Ranous. I asked for and received a position statement on seaosc's official position regarding structural observation and the task force recommendations for wood framing. This was very powerful in getting the local building officials to adopt a policy on structural observation. I am currently writing letters to L.A. county board of supervisors advising them that the L.A. county area between L.A. city and Ventura county is not keeping up with the higher quality control of the surrounding areras. I have written to every councilman , mayor and supervisor in Ventura county in the past and the response has been surprising. I urge other engineers to write their local politicions to inform them and help prepare for the next earthquake. When a councilman or supervisor forwards an engineers' letter to the building official asking for a response back, you generally will get attention. Even the govenor forwarded one of my letters to the seismic commision which sent me a positive response. Tom Harris , SE3803 Thousand Oaks, CA ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] [SEAOC] RE: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Fwd:
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] [SEAOC] Gyp. board shear walls in LA
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Warning From uucp
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] 1994 UBC Conventional Framing Section - Opinions Wanted