Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] 1994 UBC Conventional Framing Section - Opinions Wanted[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] 1994 UBC Conventional Framing Section - Opinions Wanted
- From: Wish <wish(--nospam--at)cyberg8t.com>
- Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 12:39:21 -0700
Thanks for your response Tom. I have already discussed this issue with Ben Schmidt SE and Arnold Bookbinder SE - both respected opinions within SEAOSC (at least by me). Ben has asked that I draft up a position to be taken by the engineering community as a whole. He will review it and obtain enough signitures from engineers with political influence and present the document to the state SEAOC board of directors. The intention is to provide a unified stand by the entire state and to then have the state present it to ICBO for removal or revision to a proper code. Unfortunately, I don't know how to word this correctly for submittal to the state. If you have experience in this matter and can help me draft this properly, I would greatly appreciate it. My first step was to acertain whether I have my facts straight. I can't find appropriate content in this section of the code that dictates proper connection of diaphrams to shear elements. I certainily can not find language that would be understood by the non-professional whom it was originally intended to help. I would like to get some more opionions, but I feel that the responses will be small since most offices do not deal with individual single family homes where conventional framing standards are utilized. Let me know more of your thoughts. Sincerely Dennis Wish CE 041250 La Quinta California ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] [SEAOC] RE: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Fwd:
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] ASD vs. LRFD Survey Summary
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] 1994 UBC Conventional Framing Section - Opinions Wanted
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Email Archive - final month of service