[SEAOC] BORPELS May annual report.

     I received the CA Board of Registration for P.E.s and L.S s(BORPELS) May
annual report, that i assume is mailed to all CA engineers. Page 7 is
interesting. If plan checks are "engineering reports " should they be stamped
and signed ? What are your thoughts ?
      Here in Ventura county i don't believe Ojai and Fillmore ( heavily
damaged in N.R. earthquake ) have engineers on staff. I imagine this law is
broken on a widespread basis in other small cities throughout the state. Is
this an opportunity to promote engineering and make buildings safer ? What
are your thoughts?

Tom Harris , SE3803
Thousand Oaks, CA