Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC][Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC]
- From: smthengr(--nospam--at)sirius.com (Jeff Smith)
- Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 12:03:43 -0800
>I have some samples of 8d sinker nails in my office and the head is >considerably smaller than a box or common head. The shank dameter is the same >as the box nail. The Preceedings report I referred to indicated that the improved performance was based on the profile of the head and the overall difference in head diameter relative to the shank diameter. Common nails have a larger shank and a canted head profile that allows the head to pull through the sheathing. I beleive a 8d box *gun* nail is different than a 8d box nail. I wonder if some standardization is in the works, since this topic comes up over and again. Would it be unreasonable have nail manufacturers make a special nail such that nails used in special inspection shear wall assemblies with a shear design value over a certain limit have their head stamped not unlike a machine bolt or a SSTB holdown anchor or a sheet of plywood? Jeff Smith ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: Seismic Design versus Wind Design in Wood
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] [SEAOC] RE: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Fwd:
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Div 91 tension anchors
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] [SEAOC] Div 91 tension anchors