[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Div 91 tension anchors

Contact HILTI at 1-800-879-8000.  They will be glad to send you an updated
catalog.  Remember to ask for a copy of the latest ICBO reports.

As far as I know, there are several comparable products in the market.  What
I have noticed here in the bay area, is that when I specified HILTI HVA epoxy
anchors most contractors replaced it with Covert expoxy system.  Some of them
asked for substitution in a form of submittal.  Since then I specify multiple
products.

I believe epoxy anchors have become so common that for most applications, it
is not necessary to specify a frand name.  I have seen comparable products by
HILTI, Covert, Simpson, ITW Ramset etc.  Most have comparable design values.

It is about time a generic epoxy anchor be introduced in UBC similar to the
old UBC 91 table 26-E.