Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Nailing[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Nailing
- From: terry2(--nospam--at)cdepot.net (Terry Weatherby)
- Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 08:41:59 -0700
>RLFOLEY(--nospam--at)AOL.COM wrote: >I have some samples of 8d sinker nails in my office and the head is >considerably smaller than a box or common head. The shank dameter is the same >as the box nail Actually, as I recall, Simpson has a reduction factor near the front page of their catalogue. Few companies do as much testing as Simpson so, it seems to me, there must be a less value. With the volumnous amounts of GVS's I see used in the field, maybe it makes sense to "throw in a couple" (20% or so?) extra to account for the more likely lower shear value nail actually being used in the field. ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Most Often Used CAD Commands
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Number of plywood veneer layers.
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Surcharge on a retaining wall
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Surcharge on a retaining wall