[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Fwd: Conventional construction provisions

At 01:06 AM 6/8/96 -0400, RLFOLEY(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:
>Dear David:
>
>How many buildings have you inspected on your own time out of a sense of
>duty?
>
>We professionals do not receive a paycheck every week like you do, so
>obviously we musst charge for our time.  This is what we have to offer the
>public.  You sound a little sanctomonius to me. There is enough blame for
>poor construction to go around to all of us including the L.A. building
>inspectors.

Good point, Richard!  There are certainly as many volunteers involved in
times of emergency as paid employees.  The SEAOSC Emergency Response effort
ON A VOLUNTEER BASIS made a significant impact.  Myself and many, many
others put in weeks of unpaid time.  I think the reward is internal and I
mention it only to support  anti-pomposity.

R. Sandy Pringle MM
Structural Inspection Consultants              "He has achieved success who
sandyp(--nospam--at)beachnet.com                          has lived well and laughed often."
Redondo Beach, California