[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Fwd: ...

The only one who may be more arrogant than a S.E. is an Architect.

I hope none of them are subscribers!!  I feel bad that you have had such
negative experiences with structural engineers.  The ones that I personally
know don't shirk their responsibilities and do try to respond to field
questions.  Most experienced engineers realize that field observation is a
must.  Even experienced well intentioned contractors sometime do not
understand the intent of our drawings or simply misinterpret them.
 Structural observation serves to eliminate  most major construction or
design errors but not all.