[SEAOC] RE: [SEAOC] Lawyer list? (fwd)

> Julie,
> 	From your signature above it sounds like you found yourself a good job.  Congratulations!
>
> Nigel
>
> _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/
> Nigel Mends, PE
> email:  nmends(--nospam--at)mt.net
> _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

A good job in one in which you get paid.  I haven't found a job and I am
not getting paid.  My sole proprietorship was set up solely for research,
a hobby of sorts.

My Chair position on the ASCE committee is volunteer work.  We are
working on setting up a national workshop.

Any advice on where to look for paid work would be welcomed - even
outside of structural engineering.  My 14 years of college, 5 degrees,
and 12 years of professional experience have to be worth something to
somebody.

Next time -- please don't make assumptions about someone.  This hurts my
chances of a prospective employer seriously considering my application.
It is almost as bad as the former SEAONC board member up here who
publicly announced that "PhDs are useless and worthless in practice."

Thanks,
Julie