[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] [SEAOC] RE: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Fwd:

At 08:45 AM 6/10/96 -0400, Jeffrey Franklin wrote:

>	Conventional construction  provisions -Reply
>
>GENTLEMEN:
>your comments regarding contractor hired inspectors is something  I've
>felt to be awry for years. Unfortunately that form of "quality assurance"
>has the support of and is deeply ingrained in all levels of public works
>construction; It has been that way since the middle 70's .

It would probably help if you could say which jurisdiction of public works.
In the City of Los Angeles, it is not allowed.Smaller communities may not be
aware of the need to keep the fox from the hen house. It would be nice to
think that if it was wrong it would be fixed, but we all know that once it
goes in, it stays.