[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] RE: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Fwd: Conve

>The problem comes up when the contractor hires and pays the inspector. That
>consider a serious "conflict of Interest". How can an inspector be fair when
>his paycheck is paid by the person he is supposed to watch for errors.

Not only is it a conflict, it is forbidden by the code. The code requires the
owner or architect or engineer acting as the owner's agent to hire the
special inspector. I have a note on my plans specifically prohibiting the
anyone but the owner from hiring the special inspector.

Mark