[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Buried or partially buried structures

Lynn.

I think you should follow the California Building Code and consider a seismic
increment of  the soil pressure.  Yoy could also ask the Geotechnical
engineer to provide you with a recommended loading diagram.
I reviewed one Northridge Eq.damaged three story condo over parking with a
grade differential of > 6'-0" and I concluded that the soil pressure was a
contributing factor to the damage.  I think you are on the right track

RLFOLEY