[SEAOC] Re: Seismic Gas Shut off Valves

> Date:          11 Jun 1996 10:00:10 PDT
> From:          "Sheckler, Tim" <TIDS(--nospam--at)chevron.com>
> Subject:       [SEAOC] Seismic Gas Shut off Valves

> Does anyone have any experience with seismic shut-off valves for natural gas
> in industrial facilities?  I have looked at several vendors, but have
> concerns regarding false triggers due to trucks, operating vibrations, etc.
>
> Tim Sheckler, P.E.
> tids(--nospam--at)chevron.com

Tim, I suggest that you call Doug Honnegar, who lives in South Orange
County.  He has been working on an ASTM committee to re-write the
existing ASTM standard for shut-off valves, which is quite out of
date, and is about the best-qualified person for this that I can think of
off-hand.
----
Martin Johnson
mwj(--nospam--at)eqe.com