Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] ASD vs. LRFD Survey Summary[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: [SEAOC] ASD vs. LRFD Survey Summary
- From: BRBATES(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 18:14:36 -0400
I had already posted the summary of the ASD vs. LRFD survey once, but I've become aware many subscribers who were interested did not receive it, so I'm posting it again. By a margin of about 2 to 1, ASD is favored over LRFD for steel design. The most common reason given for sticking with ASD is that there isn't time in a busy design office to learn a new methodology when the current one works just fine. The most common reason given for switching to LRFD is that it results in slimmer, more efficient designs. I received about 40 responses altogether. Thanks again to all those who responded! Bruce Bates RISA Technologies ...
- Prev by Subject: Re: [SEAOC] ASD or LRFD?
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] ASD/LRFD One More Time
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Inspection issues
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Buried or partially buried structures