[SEAOC] ASD vs. LRFD Survey Summary

I had already posted the summary of the ASD vs. LRFD survey once, but I've
become aware many subscribers who were interested did not receive it, so I'm
posting it again.

By a margin of about 2 to 1, ASD is favored over LRFD for steel design. The
most common reason given for sticking with ASD is that there isn't time in a
busy design office to learn a new methodology when the current one works just
fine. The most common reason given for switching to LRFD is that it results
in slimmer, more efficient designs.

I received about 40 responses altogether.

Thanks again to all those who responded!

Bruce Bates
RISA Technologies