[SEAOC] Looking for newly designed SMRF buildings

Dear Fellow Structural Engineers,

I am a PhD student at Cornell University doing research in the area of
performance based design in the line of ATC-33 (FEMA 272/273) and
Vision 2000 projects. As part of my research I am evaluating various
nonlinear and pseudo nonlinear methods that can be recommended for future
seismic codes. For the parametric studies I am using a number of hypothetical
regular Special Moment resisting frame buildings I designed according to
UBC94 for California Environment.

To make this research more worthy and of practical impact, I want to
analyse actual buildings that have been built recently according to the
latest codes (UBC91 or 94) . As all of you are in design
firms, I am asking those of you who can, to provide me with buildings you know of
that fit what I am looking for. I will share with you all the results I
would obtain from the research undertaken on these buildings and I will
provide you with all the details of the types of analyses I would perform on these
buildings before hand.

I really appreciate your cooperation and you invaluable help.

Please reply to kamel(--nospam--at)maggie.cee.cornell.edu

Sincerely,

Abdelkader Kamel Tayebi                 Tel. 607-272-4976
PhD candidate                           Fax. 607-255-9004
Cornell University
School of Civil & Environmental Engineering
220 Hollister Hall
Ithaca NY 14853