[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Footings' Tie Beams

>tayebi, abdelkader -sum95 wrote:
>
> Do you also have the "vide sanitaire" in your buildings in Lubnan?

Well we don't have the "vide sanitaire" here in Lebanon but I now that they are
undesirable in seismic zones because they mean short columns and failures did occur in
the latest algerian EQ.

> How do you feel working with the rather obsolete french code given
> your american education and especially that the french now are
> probably using the eurocode rather than their old one they left to us

Well I don't personaly use the French code and I'm not even sure there is a requirement
for tie beams in it, but as I said, it is probably a legacy of French practice and not
necessarily of a French code requirement.

Mony Serhal