[SEAOC] Aftershocks vs. Main Shock

I am posting this message on the SEAOC List Server because I did not get any
"Does anyone know of any references of researchers who have done a statistical
study of the number of the earthquake sequences where the aftershock or
aftershocks are larger than the main shock?  I realize that if the aftershock or
aftershocks are larger than the main shock, then the main shock is a foreshock.
Please reply to fmcclure(--nospam--at)ccnet.com   Thank you."
Frank McClure  fmcclure(--nospam--at)ccnet.com