[SEAOC] Software question

As part of Wolfram Research's continuing efforts to enhance the utility of
Mathematica in engineering practice and education, I have been given the task
of understanding as much as possible about technical software usage in the
engineering community. As a result, I'd very much like to know whether you
currently use Mathematica, and if not, what kind of software, if any, you
use for calculation, analysis, modeling or visualization. I would also be
very grateful for any suggestions you might have about Mathematica and
its role in the engineering community.

Thank you very much for your help.

-- Michael Jones (mmjones(--nospam--at)wolfram.com)

P.S.  If you haven't seen the latest information on Mathematica, you might
want to check out http://www.wolfram.com/engineering/frkc.