[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Aftershocks vs. Main Shock

>I am posting this message on the SEAOC List Server because I did not get any

>"Does anyone know of any references of researchers who have done a
>statistical
>study of the number of the earthquake sequences where the aftershock or
>aftershocks are larger than the main shock?  I realize that if the
aftershock
>or
>aftershocks are larger than the main shock, then the main shock is a
>foreshock.
>Please reply to fmcclure(--nospam--at)ccnet.com   Thank you."
>Frank McClure  fmcclure(--nospam--at)ccnet.com

I guess the question is: "How often is the main shock preceeded by a
foreshock series?"  I can't answer your question, but I was browsing about
five or six months ago through newsgroups and found one called
"ca.earthquakes" or something like that.  I noticed that Lucy Jones
contributed to it, but also noticed that the newsgroup appeared to be
degenerating with junk and debates over astrologically-induced earthquake
predictions.  Have you tried that one already?

Carl Sramek