[SEAOC] Steel frame design

I would like to obtain opinions/advice on a specific frame type that I find
often in industrial structures.  The frame type is a chevron bracing system
where work points are at the midpoint of the beam spans. The other work point
at the column is typicaly not at the beam column frame points but somewhere
along the column at a point between the beam frame points.  This system is a
problem when considering the strong column weak beam line of thought
especialy when you apply strength factors to the bracing.  What strength
should be applied to the column at the point where max moment occures
typically at the point where the brace ties into the column?

Thanks
Bob Hanson, S.E.
bulletbobh(--nospam--at)aol.com