[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Refinery blast design

At 12:47 AM 6/19/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I would like to know if there are any sources of information on blast design
>that is specificaly used by the petrochem industry in the design of
>buildings.

The ASCE Task Committee on Blast Resistant Design has prepared a design
guide due to be published later this year.  It deals primarily with
structural design of buildings for accidental external explosions.  It also
includes some guidance on blast load prediction and siting requirements.  In
lieu of this guide, most of the petrochem companies each have their own
design standards which vary quite a bit - hence the need for the ASCE guide.

Walter Sawruk, PE
Wilfred Baker Engineering, Inc.
Shillington, PA
email:  sawruk(--nospam--at)srvr.third-wave.com