[SEAOC] Important Message from Admin

Recently I was asked by several subscribers why sometimes we get
"Subscribe" and "Unsubscribe" message distributed to the list subscribers.

We had a major problem about 3 weeks ago. To prevent such problems, our
service provider "Power.Net" wrote a custom mailing list software. This
custom package is significantly fast. There are over thousand engineers on
our list. This is larger than what most of the list software can handle and
exposes the list to more problems.

We are still debugging this custom software. We are working on trapping all
email that has the word "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the body of the
message. We have been successful to some extent. I would say 90% of such
messages are intelligently redirected by the software. However, there are
still leaks. Some of them escape our screening process and get distributed
to all subscribers.

I apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you. I expect in next
3 to 4 weeks, we will have this problem taken care off.

Thank you for making this list a success.

Shafat Qazi, P.E.
Chair SEAOC CAC