Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Important Message from Admin[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org'" <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: [SEAOC] Important Message from Admin
- From: Shafat Qazi <seaoc-ad(--nospam--at)power.net>
- Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 19:30:50 -0700
- Cc: "'root(--nospam--at)power.net'" <root(--nospam--at)power.net>
- Encoding: 24 TEXT
Recently I was asked by several subscribers why sometimes we get "Subscribe" and "Unsubscribe" message distributed to the list subscribers. We had a major problem about 3 weeks ago. To prevent such problems, our service provider "Power.Net" wrote a custom mailing list software. This custom package is significantly fast. There are over thousand engineers on our list. This is larger than what most of the list software can handle and exposes the list to more problems. We are still debugging this custom software. We are working on trapping all email that has the word "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the body of the message. We have been successful to some extent. I would say 90% of such messages are intelligently redirected by the software. However, there are still leaks. Some of them escape our screening process and get distributed to all subscribers. I apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you. I expect in next 3 to 4 weeks, we will have this problem taken care off. Thank you for making this list a success. Shafat Qazi, P.E. Chair SEAOC CAC ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] http://www.seaoc.org/seaoc/sealist1.htm#sub
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Incising
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Software Mathmatica Option
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] aircraft on bridges