Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] aircraft on bridges[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: [SEAOC] aircraft on bridges
- From: "Martin Johnson" <mwj(--nospam--at)EQE.COM>
- Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 10:42:53 PST
- Priority: normal
I am using ACI 343R-95 to look at a bridge which is subject to aircraft loads, and I have a question. It defines loads for aircraft landing as U = 1.3D + 2.2L + 2.2I, where I is 100% impact for landing. I presume that impact would be based on the full maximum landing weight of the aircraft, but I question whether the L should be the full landing weight, or the maximum landing weight, minus the lift force on the wings at the minimum permitted landing speed (170 mph). ACI is silent regarding this, it just says "live load". Note that the weight minus lift would reduce the live load to about half. If there are any bridge experts out there with an answer to this, I'd appreciate your opinion. Martin Johnson EQE International, Inc. mwj(--nospam--at)eqe.com ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Aftershocks vs. Main Shock
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Anchors for Concrete Tilt-Ups
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Important Message from Admin
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] RE: [SEAOC] aircraft on bridges