[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] aircraft on bridges

As a pilot, I believe there are other considerations you should include
in your load calculations.
    1. At the moment of touchdown, we are trained to achieve a full
aerodynamic stall by increasing the angle of attack; therefore there is
no lift from the wings.
    2. The landing gear is designed to handle impact with the runway at
a vertical descent rate of 500 FPM (on my airplane)and not every
landing is a "greaser".  Landings are basically controlled collisions
with the ground.
    3. Many aircraft have a higher takeoff allowable weight than
allowable landing weight, presumably because the possible impact load
of the landing on the airframe.
    4. Runway pavement design thickness is usually greatest at the end
of the runway where the aircraft is accelerating from a stop, because
there is no lift below stall speed and the aircraft is fully fueled and
fully loaded. You may want to obtain an Army/Air Force manual on
Pavements and Airfields for more on aircraft ground loads.

At any rate do a thorough job, I may be depending on you.