Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Computer Shutdown Software?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Computer Shutdown Software?
- From: seaoc-ad(--nospam--at)seaoc.org (Shafat Qazi)
- Date: Sun, 23 Jun 96 20:11 PDT
Regarding the battery backup issue. Your Backup equipment must be compatible with Network. You will need to buy a UPS card for each machine. This card will notify the operating system that the backup power is on and the system needs to be shut down. You can specify how long before the system will completly shutdown. On-line Newsletter is sent to all SEAOC members every quarter. You will get the summer issue in your July Newsletter. Starting fall, we will maintain the archive of all ON-Line newsletter on our WWW server. Hope that helps Shafat >We operate on a LAN system with emergency battery backups for all the CPU's >which are left on continually. If we were to experience a power failure >after office hours, there would be no one there to exit from Program Manager >to the C prompt. This would cause a loss of some settings and some >information stored in a program that allows long file names without using >Windows 95. >This question is: Does anyone know of such a program that would sense >whenever a battery backup kicked on and which would begin the shutdown >procedure? >Next question is: How do I subscribe to the On Line Newsletter? > >R. Sandy Pringle MM >sandyp(--nospam--at)beachnet.com >http://www.beachnet.com/~sandyp/index.htm >Sandy Pringle & Associates "Try not to become a man of success but >Structural Inspection Consultants rather to become a man of value." >Hermosa Beach, CA Albert Einstein > > > > > >... > > ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Computer Shutdown Software?
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Conventional construction provisions
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Computer Shutdown Software?
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Software question