Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Rigid Diaphrams[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] Rigid Diaphrams
- From: Solosimon(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 16:04:10 -0400
I have a few quesion about Rigid Diaphragms, Any help will be greatly appreciated. Assuming a square building with full length cmu walls along the north, south and west sides and only half of the east walls has a CMU wall; 1) Does a rigid diaphragm have a chord force? like flexible diaphragms?, or is it similar to boundary members for concrete and cmu shearwalls? 2) On the east wall, is a drag strut (collector) required (where the is no wall,) to transmit the lateral forces to the cmu wall? 3) Are there any publications related to rigid diaphrams, that address design requirements other than distribution of lateral forces to shear walls and determination of center of rigidity. 4) Does the UBC address Rigid diaphrams. Simon ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] RIGID DIAPHRAGMS
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] SEAOC CD-ROM?
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] [SEAOC] Re: Gyp. board shear walls in LA
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] RIGID DIAPHRAGMS