[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Software

BLUECOUGAR(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> True,  however Truss Joist McMillian is about to release a new version of
> TJ-Beam and TJ-Spec combined with an upgraded security system that will be
> fully compatible with Windows 95.  I found this out after I had crashed both
> of my copies after purchasing a new Computer with  windows 95.
>
> Jay Crawford

I spoke to Brian Smith - the TJ representative for southern California
regarding this as well. The TJ-Beam and TJ-Spec programs are not ready
and will not be ready for many months to come. They are focusing on
their commercial product for the Lumber Yards and Fabricators first.
This product generates framing plans and provides a take-off for
estimating.
Unfortunately, the engineering community will have to wait for an update
- at least through the rest of this year. If Brian is wrong, please let
me know. I request this information from most vendors so that I can
properly report it in the SEAOC Online  journal.
Thanks
Dennis Wish PE