[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] RE: [SEAOC] simpson strength values

Michael:
I agree with your statements. Let me add my dime's worth. In addition to what
you mentioned, the edge distance to the first bolt will be increased which is
favorable since there is a question (in some engineers minds)  whether or not
the 7 bolt diam spacing (edge distance) to the first bolt is adequate.

Antonio S. Luisoni
Consulting S.E.