[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Plywood Shearwall Deflection

I am looking at the January 1994 SEAONC "Research Bulletin Board" with a
cover article titled "Tests of Narrow Plywood Shear-Wall Panels Reveal
Lack of Rigidity of Hold-down Anchorage".  The article is a reprint of a
release by ATC, with a larger report referenced.  In summary, this
research found panels of 3.5:1 aspect to be of adequate strength, but
with deflections about 3 times acceptable values.  The lack of rigidity
of the hold-down anchorage was cited as the major cause of the observed
deflections.  The complete report should be available from ATC.

Russ Nester, SE2324
rnester(--nospam--at)juno.com