Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Seismic Design in Wood Frame Construction[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] Seismic Design in Wood Frame Construction
- From: KEN WILKINSON <kenwilk(--nospam--at)js-net.com>
- Date: Mon, 08 Jul 1996 21:52:10 -0700
Does the Emergency Seismic Structural Requirements also apply to shear walls where wind is the governing force. I design a lot of tract homes where the local juridictions require that the wind speed of any where between 70MPH and 90MPH be used along with the killer "EXPOSURE C", which usually results in wind base shears double the seimic base shears. To design using the new shear wall specs for conditions of wind factors of 90MPH and EXPOSURE "C" would not be practical or economical engineering design. Some one needs to wake up the local building departments that earthquakes kills and destroys buildings not the unwarranted and misuse of Seections 1614 and 1616 as applies to single family dwellings and tract developments. Ken Wilkinson ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Seismic commision report
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Seismic Gas Shut off Valves
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] wood panel shear wall/frames
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Re: Plywood Shearwall Deflection