[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Seismic Design in Wood Frame Construction

Interesting response from Ken. I just completed a small room addition to a
home in Norco. Norco has a high wind ordinance and requires design for a
90 mph wind load with exposure C. Unbelievable high shear loads on a small
15' x 30' add-on.
Fortunately, the contractor is aware of this, but he wants to use Simpson
PA type anchors - which I don't like. His shear panels are only four feet
wide and the uplift is too great for even the HPAHD connectors. Now I have
to talk him into HDA's.

Dennis Wish PE