[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: suscribe-- another point of view....

As you may recall, before the system crashed in May, we did not receive the
"subscribe" "unsubscribe" messages.  After the server got rolling again, we
started getting those messages again.  I brought this up with Shafat in our
quarterly meeting in May and was told it was the service provider and he
would look into it.  Shafat needs to work it out with them so that those
correspondences are filtered out from general mailing.

I do occasionally see a familiar name on the sub or unsubscribe mailings,
but generally will also find them when they respond to various items.

If you see anything that doesn't work or needs improvement on our web site,
feel free to contact me directly and I will look into it.

For those of you who are on committies or have information you would like
posted, please send the information to me in asci .txt format so I won't
have to spend hours trying to read and convert your files.

Dennis McCroskey,
The guy who does the web site

At 10:29 AM 7/12/96 -0700, you wrote:
>NGaNear(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:
>>
>> I have subscribed to this list for over a year and it still amazes me that
>> such intelligent people can not read instructions.  I am tired of receiving
>> these subscribe requests to the list.
>
>Something that needs to be pointed out here... It
>may not be the subscriber's fault...
>I too have questioned the same thing but when I
>changed my address, I subcribed under the new
>address via the web site.  It was linked hypertext
>and lo and behold... it ended up on the list.
>
>So the problem is not with the "many" but it may be
>a link on the web site..
>
>Maybe Dennis or could have the builder of the web
>page look into it so we don't all have to receive
>the subscribe commands.  On the other hand, there
>is the delete button and you can do so without
>reading the message.  Seeing the subscribe message
>may put you in touch with a collegue you didn't
>know was on the internet also...
>
>Whatever happens, I think the people who put this
>together and those that contribute with the sharing
>of ideas should be complemented for their efforts.
>I for one have found many benifits from the list.
>
>Thank you

dennismc