[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: suscribe-- another point of view....

Since my name has come up in the discussion, I thought I must add my
input.

First of all, if a user sends the message with the word "subscribe" in the
subject field, our list serve software does filter that message
automatically. The problem with the last message was that the user
misspelled the word. He wrote "suscribe" instead of "subscribe".

Another common error is when they write "subscribe" in the body of the
message instead of the Subject line.

Lastly, they are over thousand subscribers to this list. Some of the
canned software like "listserve" or "majordomo" simply could not handle
the traffic. As a result, our service provider custom wrote the software.
It is not perfect yet. Give it a few more months, it will take care of all
these unwanted messages.

Hope that helps.

Shafat

*****