[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Masonry Shear Walls

I'm confused. Although I don't do much masonry design Table 21-J limits
maximum Nominal shear strength to 250 psi and 380 psi depending upon the
ratio of the Maximum Moment that occurs simultaneously with the shear load
at the section under consideration.
The values are a percentage of the square root of f'm - with results in
psi.
I don't see where Ae is restricted in the Strenght section 2108 of the
code. Please point me in the right direction so that I can follow your
intentions.

Dennis