[SEAOC] Lighter side - Top 20 Engrs Terminology

Hello:

I dont want to start a flame but these top 20 terminology are
interesting.  Read and enjoy.

Aswin Rangaswamy
Assoc. Engr.
Hess Engineering, CA

1. A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT APPROACHES ARE BEING TRIED
- We are still pissing in the wind.

2. EXTENSIVE REPORT IS BEING PREPARED ON A FRESH APPROACH TO THE PROBLEM
- We just hired three kids fresh out of college.

3. CLOSE PROJECT COORDINATION
- We know who to blame.

4. MAJOR TECHNOLOGICAL BREAKTHROUGH
- It works OK, but looks very hi-tech.

5. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS DELIVERED ASSURED
- We are so far behind schedule the customer is happy to get it delivered.

6. PRELIMINARY OPERATIONAL TESTS WERE INCONCLUSIVE
- The darn thing blew up when we threw the switch.

7. TEST RESULTS WERE EXTREMELY GRATIFYING
- We are so surprised that the stupid thing works.

8. THE ENTIRE CONCEPT WILL HAVE TO BE ABANDONED
- The only person who understood the thing quit.

9. IT IS IN THE PROCESS
- It is so wrapped up in red tape that the situation is about hopeless.

10. WE WILL LOOK INTO IT
- Forget it! We have enough problems for now.

11. PLEASE NOTE AND INITIAL
- Let's spread the responsibility for the screw up.

12. GIVE US THE BENEFIT OF YOUR THINKING
- We'll listen to what you have to say as long as it doesn't interfere with
what we've already done.

13. GIVE US YOUR INTERPRETATION
- I can't wait to hear this bull!

14. SEE ME or LET'S DISCUSS
- Come into my office, I'm lonely.

15. ALL NEW
- Parts not interchangeable with the previous design.

16. RUGGED
- Too damn heavy to lift!

17. LIGHTWEIGHT
- Lighter than RUGGED.

18. YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT
- One finally worked.

19. ENERGY SAVING
- Achieved when the power switch is off.

20. LOW MAINTENANCE
- Impossible to fix if broken.