[SEAOC] Wood Screw Capacity

I have a retrofit application where I have been asked to attach drag
strap blocking to 5/8" plywood using a series of A35 clip angles.  I am
trying to find a wood screw with an established shear capacity when
attached to 5/8" plywood.  The intent is to avoid the removal of light
weight concrete and carpet when the office is in use.  Has anyone used
a similar application?