[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Wood Screw Capacity

I am working on a similar connection for a retrofit project.  The APA has
published Technical Note Number E830C - "Fastener Loads for Plywood - Screws" -
December 1995.  This report give ultimate values for wood screws and sheet
metal screws in both shear and withdrawal.  The APA phone number is
206-565-6600.  I'm sure they will FAX or mail it to you.

I hope this helps.

Stephen Fisher, PE