[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Help needed with Newsgroups Subscription

On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Marlou B. Rodriguez wrote:

> I have tried to subscribe to the Newsgroups, but I have not yet received
> any mail from SEAOC.  Could someone help me out with this.  I subscribed
> a few days ago.
>
> Thank you for any response.
>
> Marlou B. Rodriguez
> Architectural Engineering Student
> Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
Marlou,
It isn't clear what your problem is. Newsgroups are part of the "usenet",
and they do not send mail. When you subscribe to a newsgroup, it is just
a way of "book keeping" in your own newsgroup reader program, that tells
it you want to view the messages from only the subscribed groups (out of
~20,000). If you are having problems with that, then you need to get help
from your isp or your system administrator.

If you mean that you aren't getting messages from this mail list, then
there may be other reasons. To subscribe to this list, you have to put
subscribe in the "subject" line (whereas most mail lists have you put it
in the text area.) It could be a system problem that you need to take up
with your administrator.

Bob

Bob Shilling, SE             Berkeley, CA          shilling(--nospam--at)emf.net
KK6QQ         				  MSA S-10, 3 floor, 4 knee
'91 R100 "Toronado"                                       DoD# 1195
      "This alligator walks into a bar and ..."   Horizon Kent