Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Help needed with Newsgroups Subscription[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Help needed with Newsgroups Subscription
- From: Bob Shilling <shilling(--nospam--at)emf.net>
- Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 08:22:05 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Marlou B. Rodriguez wrote: > I have tried to subscribe to the Newsgroups, but I have not yet received > any mail from SEAOC. Could someone help me out with this. I subscribed > a few days ago. > > Thank you for any response. > > Marlou B. Rodriguez > Architectural Engineering Student > Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo Marlou, It isn't clear what your problem is. Newsgroups are part of the "usenet", and they do not send mail. When you subscribe to a newsgroup, it is just a way of "book keeping" in your own newsgroup reader program, that tells it you want to view the messages from only the subscribed groups (out of ~20,000). If you are having problems with that, then you need to get help from your isp or your system administrator. If you mean that you aren't getting messages from this mail list, then there may be other reasons. To subscribe to this list, you have to put subscribe in the "subject" line (whereas most mail lists have you put it in the text area.) It could be a system problem that you need to take up with your administrator. Bob . . . . . . . . . . . . . ........................... Bob Shilling, SE Berkeley, CA shilling(--nospam--at)emf.net KK6QQ MSA S-10, 3 floor, 4 knee '91 R100 "Toronado" DoD# 1195 "This alligator walks into a bar and ..." Horizon Kent ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] HELP
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Help!
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Registered: Sprague, Harold O.
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Software question