Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Plywood Shear Walls on Metal Studs[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Plywood Shear Walls on Metal Studs
- From: Frank Woeste <fwoeste(--nospam--at)vt.edu>
- Date: Wed, 07 Aug 1996 09:31:15 +0600
With regard to question number 2, 1)Cold section in the wall to enhance condensation, 2)poor sound performance possible, and 3)hanging a picture frame. A good person to contact on this subject would be Mr. Jay Crandell, P. E., at the NAHB Research Center in Maryland. >From a wood person, Frank Woeste, Professor of Wood Construction At 01:55 AM 8/7/96 -0400, you wrote: >I don't remember seeing this subject recently. I'm fishing for the latest, >state-of-the-art thinking on using plywood shear walls on metal studs. > Off-the-wall opinions are very welcome. > >1. Can the UBC values for plywood shear walls apply to plywood on metal >studs? If not, what values should be used? > >2. What are the special challenges with this type of construction? > >3. Any other interesting comments? > >Thanks. Carl Sramek > > >... > > ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] plywood shear wall sill bolts
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Plywood Shear Walls on Metal Studs
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] RE: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] FRP BARS.
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Plywood Shear Walls on Metal Studs