[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Plywood Shear Walls on Metal Studs and lightweight metal roof tru...

Tom, what where the chord and strut materials?
I would be interested if you could scan and email a typical connection
detail that shows the materials as well as the connection.
How was this received with the local building official? Was there any
problems since it was constructed on the site rather than in the shop of an
approved fabricator? I realize that the connection is easily calced for the
values of the screws, but if the chords and struts are proprietary
sections, this can cause a problem in plan check unless the actual section
properties are indicated.

What was the gauge of the truss members?

Thanks for the info, Tom.
Dennis