Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Masonry Special Inspection[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: [SEAOC] Masonry Special Inspection
- From: smthengr(--nospam--at)sirius.com (Jeff Smith)
- Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 15:29:47 -0800
The 1994 UBC section 1701.5.7.2 (page 1-248) states: "For fully grouted open-end hollow-unit masonry during the preparation and taking of any required prisms or test specimans, at the start of laying units, after the placement or reinforcing steel, grout space prior to each grouting operation, and during all grouting operations." For designs using full stresses, does this 1994 UBC wording indicate that a form of periodic special inspection is allowed for fully grouted open-end hollow-unit masonry? It has been my understanding that the previous UBC required continuous full time special inspection, that is to say that the special inspector had to be on the site full time inspecting the block being placed. (unless clean outs were placed at *every* vertical bar) Your comments on this would be appreciated Jeff Smith ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Masonry Shear Walls
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] mat foundation design software
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Fw: stucco discoloration
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Basic Roof Rafter Analysis Question