[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Basic Roof Rafter Analysis Question

Dennis,

Will you be giving any consideration to the following?:

1. What effect will the additional roofing DL have on headers. While I have
not seen it happen, I have heard of windows binding due to increased
deflection of header.

2. Even going from 6 psf (wet shake)  to 7 psf (Eagle Lite Tile) is a 17%
increase in DL. How will this impact the lateral load carrying system. (The
present system is probably stucco over studs).

Mark