[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Wind Pressure Coefficients (Cq)

I would suggest that you get a copy of the wind commentary to the UBC, call
209 682-6026. (I have the 1991 edition, Is the 1994 version available?) I
have found it to be a good reference. It also references ASCE 7-88. The
commentary mentions that Cq for open frame towers is conservative, but for
tall flexible towers Ce is not. The UBC does not provide guidance for
dynamic effects, icing and increase wind speeds at hills and escarpments. I
realize I did not answer your question, but these references should help.

Jeff Smith