[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Fw: stucco discoloration

Hello Renee:

The July 1996 issue of Journal of Light Construction (JLC) has
recommendations (on p. 19) for installation of wood trim with Tudor-style
stucco walls. The reply (to an inquiry) mentions staining of stucco from
water-soluble extractives in cedar trim. Also, if water leaks behind the
trim, it might cause leaching of water-soluble asphalt components in the
building paper, if an asphalt impregnated building paper is used.  I would
be surprised if pine trim was used (unless preservative treated).

John Rose, Tacoma, WA
______