Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] Wood-floor vibration design.[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: [SEAOC] Wood-floor vibration design.
- From: Frank Woeste <fwoeste(--nospam--at)vt.edu>
- Date: Sun, 11 Aug 1996 14:31:16 +0600
Some of you may be interested in a copy of my recent paper on "A Proposed Rule-of-Thumb for Controlling Annoying Vibrations in Residential Floors." The proposed rule is based on trends in the design of wood-joist products over the last decade, and primarily the extensive full-scale wood-floor testing by Dr. Dan Dolan, P. E. of Virginia Tech. A copy of the paper can be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped-envelope (business envelope with one stamp) to: Frank E. Woeste, Ph. D., P. E. 1502 Nelson Street Blacksburg, VA 24060-2545 It is much easier to design and construct a floor that minimizes the chance of an annoying vibration complaint, than it is to retrofit an existing floor with a vibration problem. Questions about retrofitting an existing floor to improve vibrational performance can be directed to Dr. Dolan by e-mail: JDDOLAN(--nospam--at)VT.EDU ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] Wood Shingles
- Next by Subject: Anchoring a Bolt in Concrete Block Advice Needed
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Fw: stucco discoloration
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Wood-floor vibration design.