[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Wood Shingles

Thanks for the response.  I still have the same question.  Show me where it
says that can't be used or a law that says no.  I agree with all the
problems they create, but since I live in the redwoods where there are many
people who mill there own materials, (myself included) and build their own
houses, I see a lot of it.  I also live in an historical preservation
district with pre-nineteen hundred building design.  The historical
ordinance calls for wood shingles and is generally insisted on by the
historical board.  If it is not leagal, II need something I can oint my
finger at and inform them and the building dept know.

At 11:00 AM 8/12/96 -0500, you wrote:

>The "spaced" wood shingles, which offered attic space and garage
>ventillation but no diaphragm properties or fire resistance, were
>"outlawed" in the 1980's, depending on area.  In any case, avoid
>using this system.
>
>Jeff Wykoff
>jpwykoff(--nospam--at)mmm.com
>(612)-778-7094