[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Rigid frame with masonry walls

I agree with Bill. Isolate the masonry from the steel frame and provided
braced frame. Having a large expanse of masonry to carry lateral load is
too risky for a minimal return by way of economy. Aa a structural
designer - keeps things simple(KTS).

--

Raghu Pendyala
http://aqua.civag.unimelb.edu.au/~pendyala