[SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Re: [SEAOC] Truss discussion.

Lew:
Regarding your response to Moore's question 1, the "state's statutes" may
not require a engineer or architect to be involved.  In this case, the
"Building Designer" can be anyone who orders trusses, or is building a
building.  For example, I am told that only 25% of Truss Design Drawings are
reviewed and sealed by a P. E.  Many buildings are built without an engineer
or architect involved.
Regarding your other comment about changes to the framing plan, WTCA 1-1995
requires that the Building Designer "Review and approve the Truss Placement
Plan and each Truss Design Drawing..." (See WTCA 1-1995, Paragraph 3.3).
Hopefully, others will respond to your points. Frank Woeste, P. E.

At 09:17 PM 8/13/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Dr. Woeste,
>
>Regarding Neil Moore's question:
>> >1.      What if there isn't a building designer or engineer for a project;
>> i.e.
>> >only the contractor is involved, such as for conventional light-frame
>> >construction?  Who now is responsible for the web bracing?
>
>My interpretation of the WTCA-1 is at odds with your response that the
>Contractor is the Building Designer:
>
>Citing your quote of WTCA-1, para. 1.2.2:
>
>>"Building Designer" is the individual or organization having >responsibity
for the overall building or structure design....."