[SEAOC] Re: Reroofing (Was: Basic Roof Rafter Analysis Question )

One point I forgot in the issue of re-roofing is
that I recommend that Simpson a35s (or equal) be
installed around the perimeter of the diaphragm to
the wall below..  If the existing roofing is being
removed and the spaced sheathing being replaced
with ply, (as required when the move to tile is
made) It's easy to do and improves the existing
connection (if one even exists).

Steve Privett CE
eqretrodr(--nospam--at)earthlink.net