Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
[SEAOC] signing up[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)power.net
- Subject: [SEAOC] signing up
- From: "Sandy Pringle" <sandyp(--nospam--at)beachnet.com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 19:54:08 -0600
I did a little checking since bswanney(--nospam--at)kuentos.guam.net (Bruce Swanney) and I both had the same problem on how to unsubscribe. I also had followed the requirements, but AOL (an old account I maintain) also requires something in the Body of the message so I had just been re-typing unsubscribe in the Body as well as on the Subject line. Well, it turns out that the SEAOC mail server will read anything sent in the body and kick it out to the list. Shafat says, the way to solve that is to only put a space in the Body. The AOL mail is fooled and sends it. The SEAOC server doesn't see anything in the Body and processes the unsubscribe command. Hopefully...... Sandy Pringle I wrote the preceding message and in the Subject Line I called it "How to unsubscribe" The Mail list server picked up on the unsubscribe word in the subject and sent me a message that it would unsubscribe me, but it really doesn't do that since I had text in the body. Sandy ...
- Prev by Subject: [SEAOC] signing up
- Next by Subject: [SEAOC] signing up or not
- Previous by thread: [SEAOC] signing up
- Next by thread: [SEAOC] signing up or not